Learn aboutSchool-Related Skills
Get in Touch
How We Can Help
At Occupational Therapy Connections we are here to support your child’s school success. We provide therapy services that target areas of function critical to school performance. Treatment can include the following:
- Fine Motor Skills including hand development, manipulation of objects, crayon/pencil grasp, handwriting, coloring, scissors use, and keyboarding.
- Functional Visual Skills including visual motor skills, visual perceptual skills, and oculomotor (eye movement) skills involved in visually-based school tasks.
- Self-Regulation Skills
- Coordination Skills required for handwriting and all fine motor skills.
- Sitting Skills involving factors supporting ability to sit at a desk or table.
- Sensory Sensitivity reducing bothersome symptoms to assist a student in remaining more comfortable and regulated during school.
- Collaboration as needed with school staff for classroom accommodations and supports.