Clients Treated at This Clinic
While many of our clients do not have a specific medical diagnosis, we also frequently treat clients with:
Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, autism and developmental disorders, motor skill and coordination disorders, dysgraphia, regulatory disorders, learning disabilities, Cerebral Palsy, anxiety, premature birth, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, attachment disorders, foster care or adoption histories, trauma histories, and gifted/high intelligence individuals.
If there are problems in any of these areas an occupational therapy evaluation may be beneficial.
- Sound or touch sensitivity: bothered by clothing, hair care, grooming, shoes, everyday sounds, etc.
- Sensory overload
- Poor handwriting, coloring, or scissor skills
- Poor coordination with physical activities
- Avoidance / discomfort with movement activities
- Poor body awareness – rough interactions, clumsy, drops / spills things
- Poor balance, trips, falls off chair
- Emotional blow-ups or outbursts
- Difficulty calming when upset
- Picky eater
- Fear with heights, elevators, or escalators
- Uncomfortable when head is tilted back
- Difficulty with clothing fasteners or shoelace tying
- Excessive movement, touch, or seeking of oral input
- Difficulty falling or remaining asleep
If you are interested in learning more about the services available at Occupational Therapy Connections or if you have questions, please call us at (317) 581-1185.