Explore OurHelpful Information
The process for getting started is easy. It includes the following.
- Phone call intake: Schedule a phone call to discuss current concerns and needs, answer your questions, and determine if an evaluation will be useful.
- Schedule evaluation: You and the therapist will then schedule an evaluation for a thorough evaluation.
- Download and complete evaluation questionnaire: You will download from the website and complete therapist-guided questionnaire(s) to gather background information about the client. This includes medical, educational, and developmental history, other services or therapy that may have been received, current concerns, and current responses in different situations.
- Come in for an evaluation: You will then participate in a clinical evaluation that includes a combination of assesments that are specific to the sensory, motor and/or functional skill challenges. This can include standardized assessment tools and clinical observations. The occupational therapist will interpret the results, write a report, and discuss with you a treatment plan to collaborate with your goals.
- Start therapy: We will work with you to schedule therapy appointments to start treatment.
Occupational Therapy Connections offers telehealth therapy sessions in addition to in-person sessions. We are committed to being accessible and meeting your therapy needs.
- Telehealth sessions focus on the client’s treatment goals.
- You can use solely telehealth sessions or can move between in-person and telehealth sessions
- Telehealth can be a useful opportunity for the therapist to work with the client and family in their own home environment to better make recommendations for home programs.
- Telehealth also provides an opportunity to meet with parents for education, training, and coaching.
- Telehealth sessions can be convenient and useful during bad weather, busy schedules, vacation times, and more.
- Your therapy sessions can occur in a room of your choice, as long as you have access to a computer or mobile device and an internet connection. We suggest using a quiet place, free from distractions.
- You can use solely telehealth sessions or can move between in-person and telehealth sessions.
- We are glad to discuss with you the details of teletherapy sessions.