At Occupational Therapy Connections we specialize in providing the following:
Evaluations are comprehensive and combine parent interview, questionnaire(s), and clinical observations of neuromotor function, and standardized assessments and may include:
- Sensory Processing and Integration
- Body coordination
- Fine motor coordination for home and school activities
- Reflex integration
- Functional visual skills
- Daily living activities
- Sleep needs
How is Treatment Provided
- Treatment is individualized and based on the client’s needs.
- Therapy is typically provided one-on-one and supplemented with a home program.
- Therapy may also be provided in a group setting.
- Treatment intensives are also available.
Treatment is based on evaluation results and parent and client goals. Interventions include, but are not limited to:
- Sensory processing and integration approach
- MNRI Reflex integration
- Gross and fine motor skills programs
- Handwriting including Handwriting Without Tears®, First Strokes
- Multisensory Handwriting Program®, The Size Matters Handwriting Program
- Self-regulation programming including Zones of Regulation
- Programs for core muscle strength, coordination, and vestibular function
- Vestibular-Auditory-Visual intervention
- Visual-motor and functional visual skills programs
- Trauma-informed work with regulatory problems
- Therapeutic Listening® Program
- Bal-A-Vis-X Program
- Consultation can be arranged with schools, medical professionals, and therapy providers
- Collaboration / training / education with family
- Groups such as Zones of Regulation group, handwriting groups, etc.
- Educational talks with school staff, physicians, counselors, and groups
If you are interested in learning more about the services available at Occupational Therapy Connections or if you have questions, please call us at (317) 581-1185.